Last night I went to see Magic Mike. Was it as magic as I wanted it to be? No. Did it still have moments that made me clap my hands and giggle with glee? Yes.
Here are my thoughts, in no particular order:
1. Channing (Chan? Can I call him Chan?) is a great dancer, and I look forward to him aging out of the aggressive pelvic thrusts and into some slower moves. At this rate, Chan (I’m just going to go for it) is on track to become a less weird John Travolta, and I look forward to the Pulp Fiction moment in his career, when his looks fade but his moves remain and we all sit in the dark and say oooohhhhh, right.
2. Why was Magic Mike not much, much gayer? This is a real question. I find it hard to believe that all male strippers are hetero, and stripping for an all-female crowd.
3. Alex Pettyfer has a very pretty face.
4. Channing Tatum (I’ve given up) has ears like Barack Obama. I wonder if people tell him that a lot.
5. It’s time to rematch Step Up.